Skip to main content

How to add points and delete point in Flex polygon ?

Hi Nitin

Thanks for posting in the community. This can be done by first selecting a flex polygon then using the "sides" menu (see screenshot). Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

how to keep current positions of other points while adding/deleting a specific point?

i just got the answer myself. right click on the vertex then choose delete vertex.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for deleting a vertex in a flex polygon? 

Hi Thomas

I am not aware of a keyboard shortcut for deleting a vertex in a flex polygon. However if adding this would be useful for you please let us know via our feature request form!

@thomas t There is a keyboard shortcut for deleting flex polygon vertices. Hit ctrl+shift+click on a vertex to delete. Hope that helps!

I was not able to find instructions where to find the "Flex Polygon" and searching "Flex" does not work in "Shapes". It is in "Geometric Shapes" set.

Hi @network a thanks for continuing this thread! If you use the search feature in 'Shapes' and find something you'd like to keep using you can click the 'Pin' next to the name to add that shape library to your 'Shapes' toolbar. This can also help identify which shapes are in which library. Hope this helps!

@leianne c that's very helpful. I see now "Flex" was not showing up in my search because I was searching within the "Shapes" "Insert Content" window not directly in the "Shapes" toolbar.

@network a glad to hear that information was helpful! The 'Insert Content' window searches based on each shape library such as 'Flowcharts' or 'Floorplans'. On the other hand the search function in the Shapes toolbar searches by the name of each shape- which is why 'Flex Polygon' is searchable in the toolbar but not the 'Insert Content' window. 

If anyone has any other tips and tricks they like to use in Lucidchart please share it here in the community. We'd love to hear from you!