Skip to main content

How do I flip or rotate doors.  Arc indicator fails to show and the "flipping function" in Shape options fails to rotate doors.

Hi Andrew thanks for posting in the community! I saw you have also submitted a support ticket about this and have responded to you directly in the ticket.

For others reading it's not currently possible to rotate a door shape in isolation as this shape is designed to be used in conjunction with a wall shape. However the door should automatically rotate to fit the orientation of a wall it is placed next to. For more information about Floorplans please take a look at our Floorplan Tools article from our Help Center. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps!

I can choose 4 doors. All of them have a different orientation but they all open to the left. What is the use of making 4 doors if doors rotate to fit the orientation of the wall? I suggest you make 2 doors one opening to the left and 1 opening to the right. Now I can't make a floorplan with the doors opening right.

Hi Arnaud

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community!

I am sorry to read that our product does not seem to meet your expectations.

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously. We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and we pass that information directly to our product development team.

If you'd like us to take a look at your document and assist I would recommend that you file a support request so that our Support Team can look into the matter with you. Please make sure to provide a clear explanation of the issue encountered and/or ask any questions you may have. Any screenshots will help us better understand the issue. Please also include a link to your document so we can take a look at it!

Thank you!