Solved

Extract Thumbnails from imported slide deck (LucidChart)

• 10 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Moving over from Miro to Lucid, bear with me please (TIA).

In Miro, you can drag&drop a PPT onto the canvas, right-click and go “extract pages”, which creates a set of individual slide images from the source PPT.

I was a bit hoping the Lucid “Extract Thumbnails” would work the same, alas it doesn’t. Is there any other way to mimic that feature, or is it simply not available? (If so, please add!)

tx, Zoran

icon

Best answer by Kelsey Gaag 20 May 2024, 17:19

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @ZoranC

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community. If you use the extract thumbnails feature, it will import the slides as images. Do you mind further clarifying the functionality you are trying to achieve? 

Badge +1

@knield - thanks for your reply. What you describe is how I would expect (and want) things to work. However, when I go to “Extract Thumbnails”, all I get is one single image of the first slide in the document, regardless whether “All” is checked or not. The feature extracts only the first page (the PPT has 20+ slides).

TIA, Zoran

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @ZoranC

Could you try the following to steps to see if they resolve the issue?

• Could you try this feature in a private or incognito window help us narrow down the potential cause?
  • Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. For help with opening an incognito window, please see this community post (in English).
  • Can you check that you put the correct presentation in your document?

If those don’t resolve the problem, can you please send the following information so I can take a closer look?

• A screenshot of the issue.
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).
Badge +1

@knield - I can share screenshots, but would prefer to do so more privately, and not post here in the community forum. Can you please share a more private method for sharing?

TIA, Zoran

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @ZoranC

Yes of course. I will convert your post to a support ticket.