Skip to main content

When I post links or give access to my docs with comment only permission 
people having this access are asked to upgrade to premium. 
People who are not supposed to be my Team members and should have occasional access cannot put comments for this reason. 
Nees to solve it ASAP as it doesn't let us work properly and ger comments from Clients. 

Hello Anastasiya

Thanks for your post. The ability to comment on documents is not available to all subscriptions. If the external people you're sharing with are being prompted to upgrade it's likely they don't have access to the feature because of their account type. For an overview of the features available to the different subscriptions please reference our Account Types article. 

I have the same issue. 

Having external clients restricted from creating comments is a deal-breaker for me. I can't expect my clients to pay for a platform they'd never otherwise use and I can't afford to pay for every client's access. 

In the process of moving over to a competitor. They don't have as good charting tools but I work in a collaborative industry and I'll put up with a little pain creating flows for the ability of my source of income to be able to engage with the process they're paying for AND I thought that I was paying for.

Someone must know this is a problem because it is next to impossible to find any clarification. Even the article you have linked to doesn't clearly state what levels of access guests will have to a document. 

Further... even if a client did want to pay for it I can't tell from that table what subscription they'd have to get to be able to comment on my documents so I can't even recommend the service to them. 

Hi Alexander thanks for your feedback I have passed this on internally. If anyone else has similar feedback regarding the commenting feature please fill out our feature request form. Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Commenting is currently available for Team subscriptions and higher.

Thanks Eric. I'm happy to pay a little bit extra per month as a consultant add-on or separate subscription tier just for this feature alone. 

Hi Alexander I have forwarded your request to our sales team who will follow up shortly. If anyone else is interested in a potential upgrade you can reach out to our sales team via this form.

Hi

I am in a similar situation to Alexander S and I found this post.

Since then has anything changed concerning the required subscription of external guests for them to comment ? Is there still no subscription tier to add comment only users to our account in order not to pay the full price of adding a new user when we just need the comment feature for them ?

Thank you in advance for your response. Have a good day.

Hello Colin

Thanks for adding to this thread.

View-only users and comment-only users are users types that are only available on Enterprise subscription. Please take a look at this page for details around what each subscription type offers.

My understanding is that you're enquiring about external collaborators that is to say users who are not on your subscription. In your case you should be able to share documents with them however it won't be possible for you to restrict their access to "Comment-only". 

Please let me know if you have any questions!