Skip to main content

I am trying to export the content from a swim lane process flow shapes - including the comments and notes attached to the shapes. 

I tried to export it into CSV but i noticed it does not export the notes and/or comments.

Anyways i can do that?

Hi @riz 

Lucidchart's export options, including CSV, usually only capture fundamental shape data, omitting comments and notes. This is because CSV files are inherently designed for straightforward, table-based data and may not accommodate the extra context that comments and notes.

Also, we will wait to hear from other community members / associates to share their insight, on whether they have any alternative solutions or suggestions that may better meet your needs.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Hi @riz,

The CSV of the shape data associated with your Lucidchart document includes shape names, shape library, text fields, additional data, as well as comments in the document. You can also see the real-time status of a comment, the comment creator, associated timestamp, and the message included in the CSV.

Could you please try to export your document again in a private or incognito window and let me know if you can see the comments in the CSV? For help with opening an incognito window, please see this community post

For more information, I highly recommend our Export or print a Lucid document article.

Please let me know if this works and if you have any other concerns! Cheers!