Skip to main content

Is it possible to export only one frame from lucidchart to visio? I am attempting to do this and it’s grabbing all 15 pages. 

steps taken: 

• highlighted section, right clicked the section, clicked ‘export selection’, visio not an option
  • highlighted section, clicked ‘file’ on the options panel, export, clicked visio. This gave me a downloaded browser version of visio that i am unable to edit (which is probably a license issue) but it includes the entire board and not just the selection

Hi @rvassilatos, thank you for posting in the community! Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to only export one frame from Lucidchart to Visio. As you have described, this will export the whole document. 

As a workaround, I would recommend copy/pasting the section you’d like to export into a new blank document and export that document to Visio. Alternatively, if the section you’d like to export is a full page you can quickly create a new document from a page by right-clicking the page tab and selecting ‘New Document from Page’. 

I understand this adds an extra step but it should allow you to export specific sections as Visio format without needing to export the full document. 

However, we're always looking for ways to improve – would you mind sharing your idea with the Lucid Community following the steps detailed in this community post? You can submit ideas via the ‘+Create a topic’ button and selecting ‘Idea’ option. Thanks in advance for your contribution!