Skip to main content

Is it feasible to export chart data to CSV or spreadsheet format? I've been unable to locate this capability. Please provide guidance.

The workflow I aim to establish:

• Import CSV/Google Sheets/Excel data into Lucidchart (DONE)
  • Modify data using Lucidchart's superior visual tools (DONE)
  • ⚠️⛔️ Retrieve the modified data back into CSV/Google Sheets/Excel (NOT SUPPORTED) ⚠️⛔️

Hi @ferhatsf , thank you for using Lucidchart. I understand that you want to export Lucidchart data to a CSV or spreadsheet. Go to File-->Export-->CSV. For more information, go to https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/articles/16324571257492-Export-or-print-a-Lucid-document. If you have further difficulties locating it, please respond with a screenshot.

Thanks, @aparrish. File→ Export → CSV  exports the shape data. I actually want to export the underlying data was brought to Lucidchart. I can manipulate this data and change it within Lucidchart. However, I cannot export with the changes. that is unfortunate. 

Example: 
Map data in CSV

Import into Lucid
Modify the map within Lucid
now CSV/Excel/Google Sheets table would be out of sync.

??? I cannot back out the state of the data from Lucid back to the CSV/Excel/GS

Hi, thanks for clarifying! That's correct - at this time the file options for exporting your document are: PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, and a CSV file for shape data. If you'd like to see this option considered as a future feature, please post this as an idea in the product feedback section on the community.

It sounds like your end goal is to link data to a Lucidchart document. This is an available feature that you can learn about here in this Help Center article (Link data to a Lucidchart document). Please note that it's only available with the Enterprise Plan - but let us know if you have any questions about data linking if you decide to upgrade. Thank you!

Thanks again, @aparrish 

I noticed that there is  indeed a nice way to get the embedded data out from the Object

Select the  desired Object on the canvas.
Go to the object panel on the right.

Choose Data tab → Manage Data → Export as CSV

And we are presented with options to refresh, replace, overlay, and export. 

Choosing Export as CSV: you are presented with the options to either download the CSV of the changes made within Lucid, or download the entire dataset that is currently in use for the object. 

That is all good now.   Thanks for your patient and kind guidance all along. 

I’m glad you were able to find that on your own.

Hello!  If exporting your data is a step to re-importing it to Excel, I wanted to let you know Lucid is actively  developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.