Skip to main content

I understand we can export a chart to excel and import data from excel (to create a chart). . . .however I've already created a chart from scratch in Lucid and would like to export the data into excel--- whereby i can then either modify the chart or excel data?

What would be the best way of going about this?  I probably should have looked at the org templates first (this chart is a company employee/dept organizational chart.

thanks

Hi Ron

Thanks for posting on the community! You can export your documents into a CSV file by selecting File > Export > CSV of Shape Data. You can then import this file into Excel. To learn more take a look at the Export or Print a Document article in our Help Center. Hope this helps!

Hi, Ron!  I’m bumping this thread because it looks like you’re using Excel sources as part of your workflow. I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.