Skip to main content

Pretty much the above. I have a complex document structure designed in lucid chart and now want to export the collobarative solution as a TOC straight into Word. How is this done please?

Hi Alex 

Thanks for posting in the Community! Unfortunately it's currently not possible to export your Lucidchart document to Word format – Lucidchart allows you to download your documents as PDF PNG JPEG SVG and VDX (Visio) files and CSVs of shape data. To learn more about those options please take a look at our Export or Print a Lucid Document article from the Lucidchart Help Center. 

As a workaround I would recommend inserting your the TOC you built in Lucidchart into a Word document using our add-in for Word. For more information about this review our Microsoft Add-ins article

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks for your reply. THe Word add in simply replacing a cut a paste action as far as I can see and leaves me with and image... not editable text as I desire. A workaround that seems to get a closer is to export into pdf and then copy and paste from PDF. A better integration would be preferable but I guess my use of LucidChart for developing a document structure isn't a common use. But it should be aas it works really well. Please develop the capability to export as a TOC. :)

Hi Alex 

You are right! Exporting the document to PDF JPEG or PNG and then inserting the resulting file into Word as an image would also be a great workaround. Thanks for sharing this!

As for the capability to export Lucidchart documents as a TOC we are always looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea and details on your use case to our Product Feedback section? Ideas submitted are passed on directly to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.