Skip to main content

Is there a way to link an excel file to get my org chart to automatically refresh with any update I make ?

I found an way to link the file but I dont think that picks up any changes 
From what I have read seems the only option for Lucid to automatically pick up the changes would be to reupload the data set?

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Currently, Google Sheets is the only data source that can be used to automatically apply changes from the linked data set. For Excel files, the “Replace Dataset” feature would need to be used to apply changes made in your Excel file to the org chart. I’ve linked our documentation on org charts here. Please let me know if you have further questions! 

Hi, evargas! I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.