Skip to main content

Hello to all, 

i have been using lucidchart for a while, but this is the 1st time i want to import data from an Excel file and NOT and csv, to create an ERD diagram that i can upload to an Database later on.

I have done already most of the videos and i cant find the format in how should i put the excel file that Lucidchart can draw automatically the ERD diagram, can someone help me on this?

thanks

Lisbeth 

Hi @Lisbeth.ron 

Lucidchart primarily supports importing CSV and text files for this functionality and not with Excel is what i learnt, 

Meantime - We also look forward to hearing from other community members and associates, who may have alternative suggestions that could better address your requirements.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Hi @Lisbeth.ron, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! @Humas1985 is correct, we currently only support .CSV, .TSV, and .TXT files for ERD import. But as you seen in the post below, our Product teams  are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart:

However, in the meantime, you can write a custom query and run it in your database if you'd like. If you are able to generate an output file in the format our ERD importer expects you should be able to import successfully. I've created an example output file from a PostGreSQL import here for reference, that is the format our importer will need your file to be in.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions!