Skip to main content

After importing Visio stencils. Is thats a way to use the Freehand Drawing? For example, when I add a node to the canvas, click to highlight node and in the upper right corner click on the box. When I input the data for said node, in the layout tab I should see a Header Field but it’s missing. 

Is there way to add text to visio stencils without grouping text to the node?

Hi @chollingsworth3 

Currently it is not possible to make editing text directly within imported Visio stencils. The text elements are likely treated as part of the shape itself, preventing functionalities like "Header Field" and independent text manipulation.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Hi @Humas1985 

Thank you for your response!
Does Lucid have any plan on updating the Cisco stencils? They are very dated. 

Hi @chollingsworth3 - Thanks for your feedback, we can also take this to our internal Lucid team to take a look.

CC - @Addie / @Micah 

Hi @chollingsworth3! And thanks for the helpful response, @Humas1985.

This is a great idea - please submit your idea and use case in the product feedback section to promote this feature to our development team. 

Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: