Skip to main content

Can you please add functionality to provide dual reporting options and dotted line reports? This is essential for the creation of organisation charts

Hi @edward.stewart thanks for posting in the community! Unfortunately dual reporting options are not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we do have a workaround that can help you achieve a similar affect outlined in this Community post.

If you would like to have two employees at different levels reporting to the same supervisor you can also check out this Community post to learn a workaround.

However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to the product feedback space? Ideas submitted are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Regarding dotted lines it is possible to modify the line style of an org chart. To do this double click the org chart to edit. Then click on the line you'd like to modify and open the line options found along the formatting bar and select the desired line style. You can also change the width of the line using the 'Line Width' option to the right. 

Fy36a-WbZL2ezaXQbGZ-_g.png

I hope this helps! Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions - we're happy to help!

Hi, I can’t see the red dot. What can I do? Thanks

Hi @mariah98, thanks for posting in the community! Are you referring to the red dots that appear to help create new lines? If so, please check out this community post!

If this doesn’t answer your question, please respond with more information and a screenshot to help us better understand what you’re seeing on your end. Thanks!