Skip to main content

Is there a way to draw/mark up an image?  For example, if I insert a screenshot of an application as an image in Lucidchart, how can I draw on that image with lines, shapes, etc without completely blocking the image?

Hi John, thanks for your post! I recommend utilizing the universal canvas tool to open your Lucidchart diagram in Lucidspark, which supports freehand drawing. This will allow you to utilize Lucidspark’s freehand drawing tool to annotate your image, along with any additional shapes you need. I’ve added an example of this below:

Alternatively, in Lucidchart, you can also add shapes and lines on top of your image and layer them accordingly using the “arrange” function (right click > arrange). You may also find it helpful to disable line connections (file > document settings > lines > line connections) to prevent lines that you add to your canvas from “reaching for” and snapping to the border of your image.

I hope this helps!

Hi Micah,

It appears this is only available to enterprise accounts.  I currently utilize the team account.   

Hi John, in this case, I recommend:

• uploading your image into Lucidspark directly in a new board
  • directly export your Lucidchart diagram into Lucidspark (file>export>Lucidspark)
  • the Lucidchart-based approach I described above

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Thank you.