Skip to main content

Unsure if I've accidentally turned on a setting or if a recent update has caused this to behave differently but basically every time I type things such as "a.datetime" it instantly converts it into a hyperlink which links to "http://a.datetime". This isn't really that big of a deal and more of an annoyance since I can remove the hyperlinks individually but it'll be appreciated if anyone knows how to disable this feature.

An added note which I might as well mention being that Lucidchart sometimes randomly adds a space when I'm typing. This one is more minor but I've noted that it still hasn't been fixed.

Below will be the aforementioned hyperlink issue.

Hi there 

Thanks for posting in the community! The behavior you described is actually expected – Lucidchart will turn into a hyperlink any expression in the middle of which you add a dot. However I agree that this is not the best user experience and will be sure to pass your feedback to our development team. It's unfortunately not possible to turn this off so when typing an expression that has a dot on it I would recommend adding a space after the dot > finishing editing the expression > deleting the extra space. This will make sure that the expression won't become a hyperlink. I understand this isn't a very practical workaround but it's at lest less laborious than removing the hyperlink from the actions modal. 

As for the issue with your notes I was unable to reproduce it on our end. Would you mind sending a screenshot of it and signaling where the space was unduly added so I can take a closer look? Thanks! 

Right this comment input didn't show up for some reason when I was checking this page apologies but you can refer to my latest post for a bit more explanation on the random spacing issue that I mentioned.

Hi there 

Thanks for replying in this thread to make sure we would be able to connect you new post to this request! For those who want to keep following this issue please take a look at the new post on this and feel free to post any additional questions or tips you want to share. 

Hello 

Is there an update on this feature?

I'm currently running into the same issue it would be very nice turn off this behaviour. 

Hi Brandon

Thanks for keeping this thread going! As Flavia said above this is expected behavior. You can remove the URL by placing the cursor in the link clicking the "Link To" button in the toolbar and deleting the URL listed. 

Hope this helps -- please let me know if you have any other questions! 🍻