Skip to main content

Was trying to reply to my previous post's comment but I sorta gave up when I couldn't find a way to do so and decided to just make a new post instead.

I've finally done a bit more testing regarding this issue but basically what happens is that whenever I use CTRL + Backspace it'll cause the first letter to automatically create a space after. After testing this several times I believe this might be intentional rather than a bug though I am sort of unsure as of to when exactly is this useful.

Hi there 

Thanks for providing this additional context! In your first post you mentioned that the issue with extra spaces being added to your text was occurring in notes. However taking a look at your screenshot it seem like you tested this in a shape. Would you mind clarifying if this is occurring both in notes and shapes? 

At this time I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end when using CTRL + backspace both in notes and in shapes which means that this is potentially related to your account or browser. As a first step could you try testing this in a private or incognito window to help us rule out any browser interference? This will start a fresh cooke session and disable any extension that could be affecting your account. Could you also try this in an alternative browser? 

If the issue persists in a private/incognito window and in an alternative browser then this is most likely an account specific issue and we would like to take a closer look. In this case could you please submit a support ticket through this form and make sure to include the following information:

• The URL to a document you tested this.

• Is this issue occurring to shapes and notes? Is it occurring only to specific shapes? If so what shapes? 

• A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

This will help us to investigate further. Thanks!