Skip to main content

Hi there

all documents I have access have a default /edit? mode. I think it would be valuable to be able to open at will documents with /view? or even have the possibility of setting the default mode. Accidents happen and minor to no changes cause changes to the change history which pollutes the history tree for no reason.

Request #1: Allow opening files in View-only mode (e.g.right click to show option or the [Open] Button changes to [View-Only] while pressing a key on the keyboard Ctrl for example);

Request #2: Allow users and admins to set a default opening mode;

Request #3: in View-Only a button to open in Edit mode;

While thinking about it it would take away a lot of the fear that users do have of making changes inadvertedly while the document is open

Hey Norberto

Thank you for posting in the Lucid community! Our sincere apologies for the delayed response on this thread - I wanted to follow up in case this answer may still be useful to you and to provide a solution for other users who see this thread in the future.

Thank you for your request! We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to keep developing a useful and effective product. If you would not care to submit your idea to our Product Feedback section it will be taken into consideration when prioritizing improvements.

We would also love to hear additional detail about your use case or see an example of what you're hoping to achieve in the thread below. Additionally if you've discovered a workaround to achieve something similar in the meantime we'd love to hear about it! Thanks for your request!

Hi @Marcpfl, thanks for adding to this thread!

To share your use case with our product team, I’ve converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: