Skip to main content

On your sitemap generator page it says "you can even generate a sitemap from a text outline" How does that work?

Hi @david t101 thanks for posting in the community! I was able to locate the quote you are referring to and unfortunately this sentence is referring to the old site map experience. The site maps feature was updated last year and the text outline option was removed as part of the revamp.

You can now see your listed subpages in the context panel on the right of the canvas. From there you can see a full list of all pages and subpages reposition them and also rename them.

To add new lines and shapes to your site map you will need to do that directly on your canvas the same way you would do for a regular chart.

• To add a line click on the shape you want the line to be connected to and drag a new line from one of the red spots that appear. 

• To add a new shape you can either drag the shape from your site map shape library or to choose a shape from the auto-prompt menu that will show when adding a new line.

The changes you make to your site map on the canvas will reflect on your site map panel on the right. 

I hope this helps! Please feel free to comment in this thread if you have any questions or make a new post if there's another topic you'd like to discuss!

Ugh. Sorry to see that feature is gone but I do appreciate the quick response.

Hi @david t101 thanks for following up and we appreciate the feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that.

If you would like to see a similar feature in Lucidchart again would you mind adding your idea(s) to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.