Skip to main content

Recently I’ve noticed that when I copy an object and then paste, Lucid Chart only pastes the text.  Sometimes, I get the expected result, with a duplicate getting created.  Sometimes, nothing happens at all.

I have tested on Mac with Chrome and Safari.  Same behavior in both browsers.

I did more testing.  I created a Windows virtual machine in Parallels and installed Chrome.  Then going to Lucid I copied a diagram, went to another document, and pasted.  It only pasted text.

Then fired up Edge.  It can only paste text.

I fired up my VPN.  Same result.  Switched to T-Mobile.  It’s no better. I can’t work effectively without simple cut and paste.  Looks like it's time to go back to Omnigraffle.

Hi @Devopsterus, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Could you try opening your document in a private or incognito window, then copy/paste something to help us narrow down the potential cause?

For help with opening an incognito window, please see this community post (in English).

If the issue persists, would you mind sending a screenshot/screen recording of the issue so I can better understand what you’re seeing? I appreciate your help and patience!