Skip to main content

Hi There is it possible to copy an object and pasting it in the exact same spot onto a different page? Many thanks

David

Hey David

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Yes--it is possible to copy and paste a shape in the exact same spot. Using Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste give you the pasted object that you can then move on top of the other. 

Hope this helps clarify--let me know if you have more questions!

If anyone else out there has a similar questions don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@lucidchart.com. Cheers!

I think the question is "Can a clipboard item paste to its original coordinates?" This feature is standard in many vector programs and comes in handy when move an item from one page to another. LucidChart does not appear to have this feature.

Hey there

Thank you for the reply on this post. That particular action is not something that is possible within Lucidchart. However we are always trying to improve and the best way for us to do that is by listening to feedback from our users. I would love if either of you could fill out this Feature Request Form to pass along to our devs. 

Thanks to each of you--feel free to include more features you would like to see in Lucidchart on that form. 

This feature was possible up until a few months back — not sure why it was taken off. I loved it when using Lucid for years.

Joseph thanks for letting us know this is a useful feature to you! Our development team is grateful for any use case context you're willing to share via the feature request form in Phillip's response above. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback - please let us know how we can continue to support your work!