Skip to main content

I have an org chart that we has undergone a number of evolutions by copying and then deleting the original.  We also export the data weekly in for automated reporting reasons.   Is there a way to control the name of the .csv file that is created?   It seems LucidChart is controlling that and it has evolved into a bazar file name (e.g. StaffingV004 r-_votbbOU02_b.csv).   I don't see a way to rename the dataset that is affiliated with our org chart and am seeking to know how to control it.    

Hey Steve

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Unfortunately Lucidchart names the .csv file according to the name of the dataset that is imported and there is no way of changing the exported .csv file name from the Lucidchart side. You can however change the name of the .csv file from the program you are using to open it--this won't effect the data in anyway. 

I do have a small favor to ask Steve--we always love giving users the chance to let our developers know what they would like to see in Lucidchart. That being said would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Looking forward to seeing your ideas in the product--please feel free to ask any other questions here in the Community or reach out to our Support Team directly at support@lucidchart.com. Cheers!

Thank you for the quick reply.   I will use the instructions you provided in your reply to see if I can get the effect I'm seeking.   Also I just put in the feature request.