Skip to main content

We are using conditional formatting for shape icons that we use inside swim lanes for tracking who is assigned to a project in a program status of program and resource allocation.  The problem is that when the page is loaded sometimes they populate sometimes they don't. This occurs across MS Edge and Chrome and across multiple users on different machines. This issue is very frustrating. Anyone else with this issue? - Thank you

Hi Terry thanks for posting in the community! Apologies for the trouble you're experiencing. Could you try opening your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network if you and your colleagues are using the same one? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility.

If those don’t resolve the problem can you please let me know if this is occurring in all documents where you're using conditional formatting or just this one? Additionally could you please specify what in your screenshot is not loading or missing? Are you looking for text within the blue and pink circles that are empty? Or are there conditional formatting rules that don't seem to be applying entirely?

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Micah

There are roughly 110 shapes on the page and 4 conditional formatting rules. This issue occurs across multiple documents. This issue has been verified for every user.

I have opened the document in an incognito window and I have the same experience

I have cleared the browser cache before opening and that did not solve the issue.

I have accessed this document from multiple networks from inside our organization and external to our organization and have the same problem

We have significant bandwidth pipelines so that is not the issue

The problem occurs on multiple browsers so it doesn't appear to be a browser issue.

This is a consistent issue and is preventing our organization from using LucidChart for basic process/workflow/roadmap development for anything with complexity. If we can't use conditional formatting will need to look at other options.

In the screenshot each icon should have a value displayed you will see that some of them are populated and some are not. It is never consistent which ones fill out and which ones don’t run the rules changes each time you open the document.

If you select a shape remove the conditional formatting rule for that shape deselect the shape re-select the shape and then re-apply the rule to that selected shape the rule will run and the icon populate properly. Though if you keep the shape selected then remove the rule and re-apply rule without getting out it doesn't always reapply the rule properly.

It appears to me that there is something in your code that only gives so much time for the rules to run maybe so that a page doesn’t hang up on some invalid rule and it just doesn’t give enough time for all the conditional rules to execute. It seems to finish in less than 2 seconds when the document is loaded and I certainly would be willing to wait much longer for the rules to execute and perform properly (if this is the issue).

I can make the document available for you to run in your organization.

This appears to be a critical bug in your software that impacts our organization significantly

Thanks for your prompt attention

Hi Terry thank you for your response and for your detailed troubleshooting account - this is so valuable! I have created a ticket from your post and will reach out there for additional information about the document so that our support and development teams can take a closer look. Thanks again for your help and patience!