Skip to main content

Id like to know if you can clone/copy and existing Lucidchart Library my company used the BPMN2 notation but we only use some of the shapes and in order to create consistency across maps created by different people we want to reduce the number of shapes they can pick from via a custom library is this possible and if so how. Ive looked in the help and cannot find this detail anywhere? 

Thanks

Hi Karen 

Thanks for posting in the community! Unfortunately it's not possible to directly duplicate a Lucidchart shape library that you can then edit. However I can suggest an easy workaround that I believe will help you accomplish this modified custom library. 

1. Add the regular BPMN shapes library to your Shapes Toolbar.

2. Drag out the specific shapes you want your colleagues to be able to use onto the canvas. 

3. Create a custom shape library according to the instructions in this Shape Libraries article. Make sure you've selected to use it so it appears in your Shapes toolbar. 

4. Either drag and drop the BPMN shapes from your canvas into the library or add them by right-clicking selecting Add to Custom Library and choosing your library. I've demonstrated both methods in the GIF below. 

Then you can share shapes and images with your team by turning on team sharing. To do so follow these steps:

1. Open the Shapes section of the Workspace Manager and navigate to the library you wish to share by clicking on its name in the "My Libraries" list.

2. Toggle the "Share" switch in the top right corner of the viewer. The library will appear in the "Shared with Me" section of your teammates' Shape Managers.

Finally if you'd like to see support added for cloning a library completely please add your thoughts to this feature request form - ideas submitted here are passed directly onto our development team. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!