Skip to main content

I love the possibility of having ChatGPT generating data models. However when I ask it to use crows foot notation, the results have accurate relationship notation, but the entity boxes appear as solid black, so I can’t read the text inside to see which entities they are. Bug? I’ve tried asking ChatGPT to use white boxes with black text, but that didn’t fix problem.

Hi @Zoe H102, thanks for posting in the community! Could you please try the troubleshooting steps in this community post?

If you continue to experience issues, could you please respond with: 

• A screenshot of the issue
  • A screenshot of what you see in the dropdown when you click "Used Lucid" after having generated your diagram.
  • The URL that the "Edit the flowchart" link points to.
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thanks for your help and patience!

Thank you. Here is my prompt:

Create a LucidChart data model showing the Salesforce entities Contact, Account and Opportunity, plus their relationships, using crows foot notation.

When I don’t ask for crows foot notation, it provides entities who’s text I can read, and an editable version of the diagram. But the default arrow notation is not helpful to me – I need crows foot notation. When I ask for that (as my prompt shows above) it correctly supplies the crows foot notation, but does not provide an editable file, only a PNG, in which the entity boxes are solid black so I can’t read which one is which. I tried adding text to the prompt specifying the use of white-filled boxes, but it didn’t work.

I tried this on two browsers (Safari & Chrome) – and nothing shows up in the Javascript Console. And I cannot access my Salesforce Lucid account without the VPN connection.

PNG file generated in ChatGPT response.

Hi @Zoe H102, thanks for providing that additional information!

We currently only support flowchart shapes and line connectors, which is why you may be experiencing issues with this specific notation. If ChatGPT provides other shapes, we do our best to generate a diagram, but currently can't make any guarantees.

We are always looking for feedback on our features and integrations, so we’d love to hear your idea and use case for this type of notation. If you’re willing to share this with us, please visit the product feedback area of the community where you can create a topic (be sure to select “Idea”) and others can upvote and comment on it! For more information on how feedback works in the community, please review this post: 

Thank you and our apologies for the inconvenience.