Skip to main content

Refreshing a previous post.

Hi our process has a step where we copy/paste an excel or Sheets spreadsheet and paste it into Lucid and it automatically creates a chart.

How can we explode that chart so that it is now individual items we can pick and move over (drag and drop) onto our process versus going in to each cell of the chart and cut/paste.

Any solution yet on this?  or work around?

Anyone??? Bueller????

KB

Hi Kevin thanks for contributing to the Lucid Community! Just to make sure that we are on the same page please review our data linking article from the Lucidchart Help Center and let me know if you have any questions about the intended functionality.

Once you connect your spreadsheet to your Lucidchart document you can drag and drop individual rows onto the canvas to generate a shape that is linked to the data from that row of your spreadsheet. Please review this helpful example of Data Linking for a demonstration of the feature in action and let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Thanks for that information Richard.

It's not quite like that but similar.

We would love to take data from a Google Sheets file maybe rope several columns/rows and paste them into Lucid.  We don't necessarily want to link them to flow boxes etc. but we would love to paste them in and be able to explode the Chart that is now in our LucidChart file and drag and drop those individual cells onto points in our file. (this is floor plan drawing PDF that we use as an underlay that has store fixtures)  We would love to drag the individual cell data (Planograms for setting the store) onto each portion of the store fixtures.

Is that possible with the extensive data linking process?

KB

Hi Kevin thank you for getting back to me with more details. Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously. We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and we pass that information directly to our product development team.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.