Skip to main content

The UML diagrams that I get in LucidChart frequently have very small font sizes.  I want to make the text larger.

This is _different_ from regular diagramming in that the UML diagram is being built from a UML language.  The boxes in the diagram are not individually selectable or stylable. The resultant diagram cannot be ungrouped without losing attached UML descriptions language that built it.  Therefore none of the documentation on changing fonts for other things seems to apply.  The one case I have found to work is this one:

In the non-default case I can do a Select All and increase the font size in the entire diagram but that causes boxes with longer labels to lose their text presumably because the text in those boxes "wraps" in its entirety and gets clipped by the box instead of LC breaking the word at letter boundaries.  If that were not challenge enough re-building the diagram causes all the text to revert back to its tiny 7pt size.  So even if there is a step-by-step way to fix those boxes the next addition to the diagram requiring a rebuild will cause all the work to be lost.

1) Is there a way to effectively increase the size of the text even just for printing and not have the longer labels disappear?

2) Is there a way to tell the UML builder to increase the default size of the font so that diagrams will have larger fonts in general.

Thanks.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! I’m sorry for the trouble you are having with UML and am happy to help. Unfortunately, some aspects of the UML builder are limited including any phrasing or language to indicate to the builder that the default font size should be larger than 7pt. In order to increase font size the current best option is to apply a larger font size to the diagram as a whole and adjust the size of the shapes on the diagram to fit the larger font size. I apologize for this inconvenience. If you'd like to request this feature to be improved, we’d love to hear more via the Product Feedback space in this community. Ideas submitted here are shared with our development teams for their consideration and prioritization. 

Please let me know if you have success with this, and let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks for your help and patience!