Skip to main content

I have a 'Teams' LucidChart account which I pay for.

I'm trying to integrate with GoogleSheets so that I can import data however whenever I try and import I receive the following message: 

According to the LucidChart Site I should have this access:

Steps so far:

1.  I've integrated my LucidChart account with GoogleSheets and can see the Lucid add-in

2. The above error message is displayed when I do the following:

LucidChart > Open blank document > click 'Import Data' > 'Data Linking & conditional formatting' > Import Your data  

I've tried linking to a different Google Sheets account but had the same problem.

I tried to do it directly from GoogleSheets but received the following error:

Do I need to upgrade to enterprise??? 

I've logged tickets with both the Sales and Product teams but not heard back.

Hi Lisa

Thanks for posting in the Community!

I have just replied to your other Community post here however I see that you have provided more information here so wanted to provide additional clarification.

Please note that Data linking is only available to users on Enterprise accounts therefore it is expected that this message pops up on your screen when trying to make use of it as you wrote you are currently on a Team subscription. This is explained in our Data Linking article from the Help Center.

What you highlighted in yellow on your screenshot refers to our Lucidchart Add-on for Google Docs Sheets Slides and Gmail. These add-ons are free and available to all users regardless of their subscription types. 

The add-ons allow you to insert your Lucidchart diagrams directly into your documents spreadsheets presentations and email correspondences. 

These do not allow you to import data sets from Google Sheets Excel spreadsheets and CSVs into Lucidchart and use them to create data-driven visualizations. 

What you'd want to look for in our Lucidchart plans article which you posted a screenshot of is the line that says "Data Linking":

Please let me know if you have questions!