Skip to main content

Hi,

In my company, we have different departments.  When we create a project organization, these can be grouped in various ways.  For example, we have Project Controls, Estimating, and Project Information Management just to name 3.  In a project, the Project Controls Manager may have the Estimating and Project Information Management managers reporting to him. In that sense the Project Controls “Organization” includes the other departments as sort of sub-disciplines.  

This is easy to show in the org chart itself, but when I go to the Visualization option and create a group by department, they are each shown side-by-side.  It’s not critical, but it would be nice if we could nest those groups within each other.  That would be  helpful too when showing the Engineering department and all its various disciplines, piping, mechanical, electrical, structure, etc.

Is there any way to nest the groups?

Hi @BadBatzMan, thanks for your post! Unfortunately, this isn’t currently supported in Lucid, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. I can see that you’ve also posted this as an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

If you or any other users interested in this idea are willing to share we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread:

We appreciate your feedback and willingness to post here in the Lucid Community!