Skip to main content
Solved

Can I add images to Lucid Cards in Lucidspark?

• 5 March 2024
  • 4 replies

We want to:

1. import our data from our database
  2. convert each data into a custom shape automatically(as a group)
  3. the custom shape should have title&image

Lucid-card integration looks so fantastic. I tried to integrate our data in Lucid-Card, it works, but the shape of itself cannot be changed. I want to insert our pictures in it.

So, Is there a way I can add pictures in Lucid Card?

Best regards.

Comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @AdrainDD 

You can probably try these workarounds: 

1. Image as Background:

• Add a standard shape (rectangle, etc.) to your Lucidchart diagram.
    • Insert your desired image into this shape.
    • Position your Lucidchart Card over the shape, so the image serves as a background. Treat this combination as a single visual element.
  2. External Hyperlinks:

• Store your images in a cloud storage service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
    • Get a shareable link for each image.
    • Within your Lucidchart Card's text fields, embed these links as hyperlinks. Users could click the link to open the image in a new tab/window.

Hope this helps.

Badge +1

Hi @AdrainDD 

You can probably try these workarounds: 

1. Image as Background:

• Add a standard shape (rectangle, etc.) to your Lucidchart diagram.
    • Insert your desired image into this shape.
    • Position your Lucidchart Card over the shape, so the image serves as a background. Treat this combination as a single visual element.
  2. External Hyperlinks:

• Store your images in a cloud storage service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
    • Get a shareable link for each image.
    • Within your Lucidchart Card's text fields, embed these links as hyperlinks. Users could click the link to open the image in a new tab/window.

Hope this helps.

Thanks you for your kindly answer! However, We want to import our data automatically and transform it into a customized shape by using a  add-in plugin like Lucid Card Integration

I think there’s no way to change the shape of the card imported by Lucid Card Integration, is that right?

Or maybe there’s another way that can help me transform the json data into a Lucid group contains image?

Thanks, and best regards.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @AdrainDD, thanks for this post! And thank you, @Ria S, for your excellent suggestions.

Unfortunately, this isn’t currently supported in Lucid, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

Badge +1

Hi @AdrainDD, thanks for this post! And thank you, @Ria S, for your excellent suggestions.

Unfortunately, this isn’t currently supported in Lucid, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

Thank’s for your answer so much. I have been submitted an idea. Looking forward to this new feature😁.