Skip to main content

I have an Apple mouse. When I try to navigate my chart, I use my finger on the mouse as if it is a touchpad. Recently, LucidChart has started interpreting that in a way that makes a big arrow appear on the left or right side of the screen. I only want to move the screen around. If I let the big arrow do its thing, the menus disappear and I can’t figure out how to get them back. Basic navigation is a fundamental need for your product and this is so frustrating. I wish my company used Miro.

Hi @username, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! If you are having trouble with the commands on your mouse/trackpad, please check your Navigation Mode setting. You can find the Navigation Mode settings in the View menu located in the menu bar at the top of the workspace in Lucidchart or in the “Board Settings” located under the More Menu in Lucidspark.

If you are using a mouse and you would like your scroll wheel to pan, you can use the Trackpad setting to achieve this. I would recommend adjusting these settings to see which behavior you prefer. 

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing a screenshot of this behavior, so I can better understand what you are seeing?