Skip to main content

To reproduce:

Create a diagram. Pick a shape. Try to replace the shape with the Predefined Process shape.

Hi @ThisGuy

Thanks for your post! At this time, we’re unable to reproduce this issue– any shape from the Flowchart shape library can be changed to the Predefined Process one. 

Could you double-check you’re taking the following steps to change shapes to the Predefined Process shape? 

1. Select the shape you want to replace with the Predefined Process one. 
  2. Click the Change Shape icon on the top the shape.
  3. Select the Predefined Process shape.

A few things to keep in mind:

• It’s only possible to change a shape on the canvas to another shape from the same shape library. Is it possible that you’re trying to change a shape from a library other than the Flowchart one?
  • The option to change an existing shape on the canvas is only available for Basic shapes and Flowchart shapes. Is it possible you’re trying to change a shape from another shape library? 

If those tips don’t help, please post a screenshot of the issue so we can help further! 

Hi @Flavia D

I did more testing and it looks like the issue is related to a poor UI design choice.

When lines are set to the same color as the fill, the only thing that changes for a Predefined Process is a little square on the left side of the shape shows. It doesn’t show on both sides (as one would expect).

I’d also expect when a shape is changed to one that would need the lines visible to have the proper meaning, that Lucid should reset the line parameters for that shape so all lines display by default (or at least honor the default line color that was set).

Hi @ThisGuy

Thanks for providing this additional context! I see what you’ mean. While this is the expected, I understand this is not ideal considering your use case. We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Would you be willing to sharing your idea/expectations more broadly with our community and Lucid’s Product teams? If so, please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted.

• If that’s the case, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.
  • If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: