Solved

Arrow styling in UML Markup

• 26 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am having two issues with styles of arrows generated in UML markup diagrams.  

1. arrow endpoints do not use default styles.  
  2. arrow text defaults to bold

To try and fix the arrow endpoints, I have tried: 

1. built a UML diagram
  2. ungrouped
  3. set the arrow endpoint style the way I want them
  4. right clicked and set default style
  5. created a new uml markup diagram
  6.  default style arrow endpoint not applied

For reference, in the image below, it defaults to the option with the black bar beside it, I want the one with the grey highlight.

I completed similar steps for the arrow text styling.  While it seems like most settings honor default styles (font, size, color), it always applies bold, even when I have explicitly set the default style to not be bold.

icon

Best answer by Micah 29 April 2024, 20:00

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

HI @twilio-jyoung 

Lucidchart's UML markup functionality currently has limitations regarding default arrow endpoint styles and text formatting within the diagrams. 

At this time there's no direct way to set default arrow endpoints for UML markup diagrams in Lucidchart at this time. 
The black bar endpoint you're seeing is the default for UML messages in the markup.

Kindly try other possibilities for your requirement.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @twilio-jyoung, thanks for this post! I actually believe you have identified a bug - after a bit of testing, I found that a new default line color was maintained across diagrams, but no other style choices, including the line endpoint and text boldness that you mentioned. I’ve reported this to our development team so they can take a closer look. I am so sorry for the trouble, and I’ll be sure to let you know via this thread as soon as I have an update. Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns about this. 

In the meantime, I would recommend building your sequence diagrams without regards to styling, then applying the same styles to all shapes simultaneously once you’re finished building. I understand this isn’t ideal, but I hope it will help you continue your work in the meantime.