Solved

Ability to hide published area box

• 28 April 2022
  • 4 replies

When publishing an area of the canvas using the Area Selection method it creates an unsightly colored box around the area during edit and presentation.

It would be good if there was an option to hide these selected areas.

icon

Best answer by Tony S 14 May 2024, 14:34

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Leigh thanks for posting in the community! I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with the Area Selection method. Publishing gives you a distinct URL that you (and collaborators) can go to in order to view your document as a PNG. This selection box will stay on your diagram for as long as it is published (and the URL is active). Alternatively it's also possible to export your document as a PNG/JPEG file using our export function. 

However I certainly can see how an option to hide the selected area can be useful. Would you mind adding your idea to our product feedback area? Ideas submitted there are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. 

Thanks for your request and please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions!

I second Leigh's request -- wanting the ability to Hide/Show that colored background. Same use case -- sometimes we also want to present the diagram directly from Lucidchart and that background is an unwelcome visual distraction then. I've also submitted a Feature Request.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @jim p103 thanks for sharing your feedback and submitting a feature request. If anyone else has a similar request please submit your idea to the feature request form linked above. The more requests we receive the more likely this is to be prioritised by our Product Development team!

Badge +1

in case anyone else wants to upvote it, I created a product idea for this:  Hide Published Area box | Community (lucid.co)