Skip to main content
Solved

Make diagrams programatically using Lucid API

• 16 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, where to start to make diagrams programatically using Lucid API? I would like to access Lucis API from python program and make diagrams. Any snippets to start with? How to get access to Lucid API?

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Jacek, welcome to the Lucid for Developers community! I recommend reviewing our Developer Docs Guides here to learn more about getting started with our APIs. You can visit our GitHub repo for examples of already built-out extensions.

If you’re particularly interested in creating diagrams programmatically, you may want to check out our JSON Import API. See this community post for a great overview and an example Python project linked in the pinned reply: New JSON Standard Import API

Badge +1

Hi Jacek, welcome to the Lucid for Developers community! I recommend reviewing our Developer Docs Guides here to learn more about getting started with our APIs. You can visit our GitHub repo for examples of already built-out extensions.

If you’re particularly interested in creating diagrams programmatically, you may want to check out our JSON Import API. See this community post for a great overview and an example Python project linked in the pinned reply: New JSON Standard Import API

Emma, is single user subscription allowed to create application (to move on in getting access to Lucid api, otherwise I can not make my program). I do not see in my account settings any option called developer settings.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Jacek, currently only Team and Enterprise account users can access our REST and Extension APIs. They’re not available to users with free or Individual Lucid accounts. 

Badge +1

Hi Jacek, currently only Team and Enterprise account users can access our REST and Extension APIs. They’re not available to users with free or Individual Lucid accounts. 

understand, is there a way to programatically generate a diagram as file, and enter it into Lucid chart?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Jacek W Certainly! This is possible using our standard JSON import API. This allows you to set up a JSON file and send it in a request to our Import Document endpoint to create a document.

In addition to the Community post I mentioned before and the example Python project, you may find this JSON import FAQs Community post to be a helpful resource if you want to learn more. Hope this helps!