Skip to main content
Question

Is LucidChart Scriptable?

• 11 August 2021
  • 1 reply

I'd like to create a button on the master page that would take the viewer to the "last page viewed". This is an important element in building a dynamic multi-page document that can be navigated effortlessly. The "Page" action is useful to a point but it does not offer the ability to "remember" where the user "came from". Often a "destination" page may be viewed from several different starting points. It makes sense that the "starting point" could be captured as a variable and used in an action to "return to the previous page". If this is not already built into LucidChart can LucidChart be scripted using Javascript?

Hey there

Thank you for posting in the Lucid community!

Our sincere apologies for the delayed response on this thread - I wanted to follow up in case this answer may still be useful to you and to provide a solution for other users who see this thread in the future.

Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. I've gone ahead and submitted your idea to our product team on your behalf and it will be taken into consideration when prioritizing improvements to the product.

For anyone else with a similar request: please submit your feedback using product feedback space in order to voice additional support to our development team. We would also love to hear additional detail about your use case or see an example of what you're hoping to achieve in the thread below. Additionally if you've discovered a workaround to achieve something similar in the meantime we'd love to hear about it!

Thanks for your request!