Skip to main content
Solved

Access the API programmatically

• 1 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello

I'm looking at this page and just wanting to confirm my understanding of the following paragraph:

"Authorization must happen in the browser because a user must give consent for the client to access their information. For this reason the authorization request cannot be made from Postman curl or some other HTTP client."

Is there really no way to access the API programmatically? Thank you!

Hi David! Thanks for posting in the Community! Yes this is correct. My apologies for any inconvenience this causes and please let me know if you have any further questions.

I'm discovering the same limitation. I wanted to user the API to pull information from all our diagrams out to help in auditing e.g. diagram naming lifecycle (diagram status updates or extended period without modification...) I was also hoping to pull information out of the diagrams into a graph to look for node/edge relationships in common. 

Hi Mark! Thanks for continuing this thread. Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our Product Feedback section? Ideas submitted are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. In the meantime you can check out our API documentation for more detail on features that are currently supported.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

Hi! Updating this thread with exciting news - we've recently launched Lucid for Developers a community space dedicated to supporting and connecting our users working with the Lucid API and our most technical features.

In this section the developers actually building Lucid’s APIs will be available to answer your most technical questions just like this one. Furthermore here we plan to announce new endpoints tools and guides to help you have the best possible experience developing on Lucid’s APIs. You can browse existing posts connect with other users with similar questions and goals and ask questions of your own by creating a new post or leaving a comment. Thank you and we're excited to hear from you!