Solved

Question: publishing lucidchart figures in academic journals and citation

• 16 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

Could you please clarify: for Lucidchart users who created figures in Lucidchart with a subscription account, is it acceptable to publish the figures--including figures made from templates--in academic journals? Further, is it necessary to cite Lucidchart software?

Thank you for your help. 

Noah Cooke

icon

Best answer by Micah 17 January 2024, 20:06

View original

Comments

Badge +6

Hello, 

Thank you for posting in the community! 

I don’t completely understand your request -- would you mind providing me with the following information so I can take a closer look?

• A screenshot and further details regarding your request.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @NoahCooke, thanks for your post! Lucid is supportive of the use of our software in your materials.

If you created the document you would like to use yourself, then you are the owner of the diagram and can use it however you would like. Others who have used diagrams in books or publications have cited the diagram image with, "Created in Lucid (lucid.co)". We encourage you to do this as well, but it is not required as you own the work you created in Lucidchart.

If you would like to use a template we created, you may reference us with the following citation: Created in Lucid (lucid.co)

If you would like to reference an article or webpage we wrote, you may reference us like this:
“Article name.” Link to asset
For example: “How to Use Value Stream Mapping in DevOps.” www.lucidchart.com/blog/value-stream-mapping-for-devops

We also ask that you reference/cite any product screenshots as “Lucid, lucid.co”, or other wording that references both our full brand name and our website.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.