Solved

LucidSpark says it needs an admin... but a Lucid Admin or Jira Admin?

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I keep getting a message that says to ask my admin to upgrade the Jira integration… but admin of what? A Lucid Admin, a Jira Admin, a system admin? Can you give more details?

icon

Best answer by Leianne C 26 April 2024, 09:40

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

HI @Shawn Giese 

You will need a Jira Admin to upgrade the Jira integration for Lucidspark.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @Shawn Giese, thank you for posting and @Humas1985 for helping here! Just to confirm, are you seeing the following message in Lucidspark?

If that is the case, the admin of your Lucid account will need to follow the steps outlined in this article to update the integration.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions!

Badge +1

Hi Leianne, Yes, that is the message I receive. From the link you sent I need both Jira and Lucidspark admin permissions. So does that mean we need to give Jira admin rights to our Lucid admin or get them both in the room at the same time?

We also have an existing connection that we use for planning. Wont adding a new connection break all of our existing links?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @Shawn Giese, that is correct, you will need someone with admin permissions in both Lucid and Jira to make this update. If you’re unsure who has these permissions, I would recommend reaching out to your internal IT team or application manager.

This update allows for data to flow between systems much more quickly and efficiently, ensuring Lucidspark boards are always in sync with Jira. 

As long as the integration has been enabled by an admin, the first time a user opens a board with Jira data, the reconnection will automatically occur.

Let us know if you have any further questions about this - we are happy to help!