Skip to main content
Solved

How to restrict view/edit access for a team member

• 7 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi

I'm about to include a new team member and provide License but do not want him to access other squad's folders and documents.

How do I restrict that new member's VIEW access?

How do I restrict that new member's EDIT access?

Is including/excluding him in groups sufficient for this requirement?

Hi Edward 

Thanks for posting in the community! Including/excluding him in groups may do the trick depending on the collaboration settings for documents shared to those groups. For example if you include him in a group to which documents are shared with full editing permissions he will have those same editing permissions. The same is true for a group with which view-only documents are shared. Note that if you include him in a group you can't share a document with the group as a whole and allow certain members to have editing permissions while only allowing him viewing permissions. In that scenario I would recommend sharing the document on an individual basis as you can select which users have certain permissions. Finally note that if there are documents shared with the whole team he will have the same permissions as others on those documents. 

As an additional resource please feel free to review this Help Center article and let me know if you have any additional questions!

Hi Micah thanks for your clarification on permissions.

I see there are settings to restrict folder creation - allow users to create / only admin can create.

When any user creates a folder then 'Edit and share' does not automatically apply to Team admin.

Is there a way to automatically apply 'Edit and share' permission to all folders created by all users?

Hi Edward

Unfortunately there is not a way to apply blanket permission settings to all folders created under your account. Permissions will have to be set for each folder individually at the time they are shared. If that's an admin setting you'd like to see in the future however would you mind adding your thoughts to our Product Feedback section? Ideas submitted here are passed along to the development team for their consideration. Thanks!