Skip to main content
Solved

API for monitoring license counts?

I would like to monitor our current licenses available vs licenses used. Is there an API endpoint that would help me accomplish this?

Hi Ace 

Admins are able to see how many licenses are used/available by navigating to the Admin panel> Users> Scroll to bottom. You can view allotments in this area as well. I have attached a screenshot as an example of what you should see! Take a moment to read our Enterprise Licensing article to learn more about how you are able to customize your Lucid licensing settings. 

Hi I'm well aware I can login but the whole point of using the API to do this is so that I don't have to login. I would like to write code that alerts when our total available licenses fall below a certain threshold.

Thanks

Ace

Ace 

Lucid doesn't currently have an API specifically for checking licenses. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our Product Feedback Space? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

However if you are interested you could use SCIM to send a Get All Users request. This would return a full list of users with all of their corresponding attributes. From there you could filter these results for licensed users. What you would not receive from this action is your total number of licenses for the account. Please review our SCIM Overview article to guide you through this. 

Also interested in this feature... minimally to retrieve current license allotment.

Do we have an update if this feature is available?

Hi there
Thanks for posting in the community! What Emma stated above is still accurate. Lucid doesn’t currently have an API specifically for checking licenses. However we value this feedback and will take it into consideration when working to improve our APIs. If you are interested you could use SCIM to perform a Get All Users request - from there collect the count for true responses for all Lucidchart product licenses for your users.

Please note that you should base your licensing counts for Lucid Suite on the Lucidchart licensing value:

"productLicenses": { "Lucidchart": boolean...

Thanks again for posting in the community!