Skip to main content

Title says it all. In the Google doc integration when I go to insert Lucid charts I can see our team folders as a source to insert from. In the Microsoft Word add in I only see my personal folders (which are largely unused). Is this by design or is something off?

Hi Kyle 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

Currently it is intended that our Google Add-on does not show team folders as their own section. However even though you cannot see "Team Folders" they are still pulled in and are available. They will be in either "My Diagrams" or "Shared Diagrams" depending on if you were the original creator of the folder.

However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. If you would like to see "Team Folders" as a separate sectionwould you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

I have the same problem where Word does not show team folders when I want to insert a diagram. I see "My Documents" and "Shared with me" but the latter is empty. There is no "My Diagrams" or "Shared Diagrams" folder.

Hi Chad thanks for continuing this thread. Team Folders are currently only accessible through the PowerPoint add-in; they have not yet been built out for Word and Excel. If you'd like to insert a document currently located in a Team Folder into your Word document I recommend making a copy of that document within your "My Documents" folder. Apologies for any inconvenience! Please let me know if you have additional questions.