Skip to main content

hi there

The import data uses name; role and picture url to create an org chart but it will not include the location.

How can I fix this so all data is imported?

Thanks Vickie

Hi Vickie thanks for posting in the Lucid Community - I'm happy to help!

When you initially import your data Lucidchart asks for the Name Role and Image fields by default since they are fundamental in most org charts. Note however that the remaining columns with other types of employee data are still imported in this process. 

After you finish the import process and Lucidchart creates your diagram with these three default fields you can further customize what displays on your employee shapes. To do so double-click the org chart to enter editing mode. In the Org Chart panel that opens select the Layout tab then expand the Employee Fields menu. From here you can simply check a field to display on every employee shape or uncheck it to remove it. In my example below you can see that I've selected the Location field which has added each employee's location to their shape. 

I hope this helps! For additional information on customizing your org chart I recommend the Org Chart article from the Lucidchart Help Center. Feel free to post any additional questions in this thread.