Skip to main content

I have a brand new chart setup and working with.  I need to be able to copy text from one container into others.  No matter what I do however (ctrl-c/ctrl-v shift-ins/ctrl-ins etc) it acts like I'm doing nothing at all.  The clipboard doesn't get a copy of the text and (obviously) the destination container doesn't get the text.

Hi John thanks for posting in the Lucid community! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble copying and pasting - this sounds unusual and I'd be glad to take a closer look. So I can better understand what you're experiencing could you please let me know the following?

• The type of container shape that holds the text you are attempting to copy. If you could provide a screenshot that would be very helpful!

• Are you able to successfully highlight the text you are attempting to copy? It will appear with a light blue highlight as shown in the screenshot below:

• Is this the only document this occurs in or can you reproduce this issue in any?

• Are you able to copy and paste other non-text objects such as a regular shape using ctrl+c/ctrl+v?

• Are you able to reproduce this behavior when attempting to use the mouse commands (right-click + "Copy" right-click + "Paste")?

• Are you able to reproduce this behavior if you access your document in a private or incognito window? 

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Have you tried double clicking within the container to see if you're able to highlight text? The copy/paste shortcuts you mentioned should work after highlighting the text within the container.

I am having the same problem as John B

Hi Rob

Thanks for posting in this community thread! Could you try reproducing the behavior in your document in a private or incognito window? Could you also make sure that you've highlighted the text within your shape before copy/pasting? If you're still seeing issues feel free to let us know. 

Thanks for getting back to me. I closed the app and reopened it and the problem seems to have resolved itself.

No worries glad to know that fixed the issue!