Skip to main content

How come every time i place a line it immediately uses crows feet without me telling it to do so? How do i turn this feature off?

Hi Matthew

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! It sounds like you may be using the ERD or UML Shape libraries. Lines/Connectors created while using these shape libraries automatically appear with Crow's Feet endpoints. You can change this setting in the Endpoints menu above the canvas.

Simply open this menu select 'None' and the Crow's Feet should disappear! If you have any questions let me know!

I am aware of this however i do not want crows feet every time i place a line. How do i make it so just a regular line appears first?

Hi Matthew

Unfortunately there isn't a way to reformat all lines by default when importing an ERD. However if you aren't importing your ERD's then you can easily create a template that has the lines like you'd like them and then input the data from there. 

However if that doesn't work for you we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind submitting your idea into our Feature Request form? We use this to help determine which features are the highest priority for our users. Thanks!