Skip to main content

In the right-hand side page panel there is a Data panel / section with a button called New Data Field. When I click I can create properties and add them as text to shapes. Where can I learn more about this feature? I tried both search feature (searching for Data Field) and Feature Find but there appears to be no more information about this at all. There is help on a Data Link feature which I think is different.

Thank you.

Hi Neil

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Just to make sure we're on the same page could you please post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

Thanks!

I figured it out. You can add properties / data fields and then insert them as text values inside a shape. Just surprised to see no documentation about this. For example once I've added fields can I do anything useful with them such as search or export etc.

Hi Neil

Thanks for getting back with a screenshot!

You can find more information on this feature in our Data Linking article by reading the Custom data section.

If you do not have a data set to link to your diagram you can create custom data fields by clicking  the contextual panel icon on the far right of the toolbar. Here you can create custom data and link that data to shapes or other parts of your diagram.

The New Data Field button allows you to create custom data fields.

Let me know if you have any questions!