Solved

what happened to the "title" and "subtitle" styling options for text?

• 8 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

For the life of me I can’t find the formatting options for title, subheading, etc. that used to exist. Anyone know what happened to them? 

icon

Best answer by Phillip W 8 February 2024, 20:48

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey @adam yolo -- thanks for posting! You will find these options under the Insert menu of Lucidchart. This is how it should look:

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

@Phillip W  What would you click on for  formatting options for title, subheading, etc.?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey @djohnso65 -- thanks for the reply! So, once you insert your Document name, this will reflect whatever title you have entered in for your document in the top left. You can modify this like any other text, by clicking the text options on the top toolbar seen here:

You can add a subheader to the same box as the Document Name box by clicking into the box and pressing Shift + Enter to create a new line. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

@Phillip W I was hoping to be able to change the title to be bold and the Name to be regular font for all of the boxes. Is there a way to do that without doing each one manually?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey @djohnso65 -- I see what you’re trying to do. So, you’ll need to utilize our “set current as default” feature. To do this, make one employee’s cell formatted how you’d like, bold, italic, font style, etc. Then highlight only that cell and click set current as default seen here: 

Once you’ve done that, if you do not yet see the changes you’ve made on all cells, you can select the entire Org Chart and click Clear Overrides. This should make all the shapes the same format as the one you’ve manually formatted. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

@Phillip W  that worked! thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey @djohnso65 -- happy to help!