Skip to main content

when i bought the subscription i could add comments on my charts. 

Now it tells me i have to upgrade the plan so i can access a feature which was available when i purchased the current plan? 

What the hell..

Hi Alexandru thank you for posting in the Lucid community! Our sincere apologies for the delayed response on this thread - I wanted to follow up in case this answer may still be useful to you and to provide a solution for other users who see this thread in the future.

Commenting functionality is only available on team or enterprise subscriptions not on individual plans. For more information please review our Lucidchart Plans article. Thanks for using Lucidchart and feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

@abby s

I'm having the same problem as Alexandru.

I am a long time customer and I work solo therefore I need only 1 editor license for my charts.
Until a few weeks ago I was able to share my charts with clients who could post their comments on my chart myself included.
To my surprise I discovered a few days ago that this feature has been removed from the "individual" membership and is only available to teams.

Essentially what you ask me is to upgrade to team just for the benefit of being able to post comments on my charts even if I have no other team members to join my account.

This is not what I call forward progress ...

I suggest that you re-visit your features - pricing strategy to match your customers' needs.

As I'm one of your founding customers who have have a long experience on your product and I have clearly benefitted from using it all those years I'd be happy to give you more direct feedback about the solo entrepreneurs' needs and how to address this market with your product.

//George

Hi George thanks for posting on the community. There have not been any recent changes to which subscription types have access to advanced collaboration features (including commenting). It looks like you recently downgraded from a team subscription to an individual subscription--does that line up with when you lost access to this feature?

Commenting is only available to team and enterprise subscriptions. You can learn more about what's available on each subscription level here. We would love to hear your feedback about which features are available on our individual subscription please add your thoughts/concerns to our feature feedback form here.

It isn't a perfect workaround but if you are not interested in upgrading then adding comments to your charts using sticky notes or another shape that visually differentiates the commentary from the main material of your chart may cover some of your use case. Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.