Skip to main content

Hello. How to connect two or more figures. Objective: a new figure.

Hello Andrzej

Thanks for posting in the Community!

My understanding is that you are trying to create advanced custom shapes by grouping multiple shapes into one -- is this correct?

I would recommend that you give the following Help article a read for instructions on how to do so: Create advanced custom shapes

Let me know if you have questions!

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately grouping is one thing and combining is another. In many similar programs the function of combining figures (objects) is classified as one of the basic functions. I will have to use MS Visio.

Hi Andrzej

I'm sorry you feel this way!

As explained in the help document I linked you can combine two or more shapes into one by selecting them right-clicking on the selection box and then selecting "Group." Right-click on the shape and select "Add to Custom Shape Library" to save the shape for future use.

Have a nice day!

It remains to be hoped that the "merge" option will be introduced in the product in future updates. Regards.

Hello Andrzej

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously as we are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users!

Thank you!