Skip to main content

I did a cli json export of an azure subscription into lucid to try the cloud insights visualization. However I am missing  a lot of VMs in the summary count on the model that was generated. There is no filter on. I did this for a few subscriptions some show up correct while some are inaccurate. Not only VMs storage accounts too. Is this a limitation on the trial or something else? Thanks.

Hi Emmanuel

Thanks for posting in the Lucidscale Community!

Based on the description of the issue you provided I suspect you may be running into a bug with the CLI script import we have identified recently where some VMs don't render properly on the resulting model. This bug has already been reported to our development team and they are currently looking into a fix.

As a workaround you should be able to render all of your resources successfully by importing your Azure infrastructure via AD application. Would you mind trying that and let me know how it goes? This will allow us to confirm that the issue you are experiencing is indeed related to that bug. You can find the steps of how to import via AD app in this Import and Manage Azure Infrastructure Data article

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience as we investigate this issue! 

I don't have full owner rights on the subscriptions I am working on so the AD method is not an option I'm afraid. Unfortunately it will be difficult to justify an upgrade if this kind of bugs will be present on subscriptions with read access only.