Skip to main content

Visio PDF export not including bookmarks

• 9 January 2019
  • 3 replies

When i download a visio file that I've been working it doesnt show the bookmark icon when viewing it in a browser. The current role I am at I need to include the bookmarks for all files once I'm finished with them. 

Hi Dawn

Thanks for posting in the community! I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand your issue. Are you working in Lucidchart and then downloading your document as a PDF or VDX file? Or is this a file you are working on in Visio and then importing into Lucidchart? 

Thanks for your help and patience!

Hi Tate yes it's the former. So I am importing Visio files into lucidchart to work on them and then downloading the updated file for sharepoint. But for testing we need a pdf saved as well. It saves a pdf just fine but our visio files have several pages sometimes so the bookmark option on a pdf is very helpful and in the lucidchart download it doesnt convert. I've uploaded an image to show you what im talking about.

Hi Dawn

Thanks for explaining your issue. Unfortunately I do not believe we currently support bookmarks in our PDF downloads. However you should still be able to add them after downloading in a PDF editor. If having this functionality would be useful for you please let us know via our feature request form.